For your presentation, we ask you to provide details on the novelty, the impact and necessary implementation steps of your idea. The following guiding questions might be helpful:
- Who is in your team (3-4 students)?
- What sport discipline do you chose?
- What is your concept on how to implement this year’s topic (please put together a PowerPoint presentation of max. 10 pages)?
- From which perspective are you targeting the Chinese customer (segment), e.g. a sports club or organization, a sports manufacturer or retailer, a start-up or media company etc.?
- Where in the value chain will your idea have an impact?
- Is the idea creative and novel?
- How does the idea create value? For whom?
- How will you target the Chinese customer in China with your idea (differently as today)?
- Is there any proof of concept, e.g., from the sport business or the business world outside of sports?
- What are the effects of your approach (supported by numbers, e.g., performance improvement on the pitch, new revenue streams created by leveraging fan interaction, increased viewer figures, etc.)?
- How will it change today’s approach for the perspective you selected?
- What are other effects, beyond numbers, that you expect?
- What will it cost to implement your idea?
- How long does it take to implement the idea (please consider a reasonable time frame)?
- What are first steps to get the idea ready for your chosen sport?
- What are main risks? How can they be managed?
- How will you handle the cultural, economic and political differences/specifics of the Chinese customer that might become important for the implementation?
- How do you see the success of your idea in the long-term? What are long-term implementation steps?
In addition, you might want to take a look at the presentations of previous franz. finalists. However, please bear in mind that the overall theme were different ones: